Tuesday 1 October 2019

On The Road Again.......

Well, ain't life a surprise at times!  We've been here in SW France around seven years, now based in a pleasant small village with no services but generally friendly residents. However, a Brit couple have recently arrived and they're mad Tories - 'Give Boris a chance....' and the likes. I suspect they're also Brexiteers though they keep stum on that one.
Anyway, with Brexshit around the corner, possibly, we reckon it's time to head off and return to Sweden where we already have ID numbers etc. and have always kept links so we remained within the system. The French have been a pain over the issue. I've now been waiting over 18 months just to swap my driving licence from UK to French and the bods responsible for this cannot be contacted. In addition, we applied for French ID numbers etc., around same time, over 18 months ago, and again have heard nothing. A neighbour who works with the local prefecture tells us that all applications have been frozen, all files locked in storage and will only be considered once Brexshit has been finally sorted. Such impossible indecision is far from helpful, so we reached a decision that maybe it was time to head off back to the Nordics, where we can drop back into the system easily. All of our friends up there tell us to do this and say we're basically Swedish and won't have any issues. So, who knows? Firstly, however, we must sell our house here.
I'm in process of buying another car in Sweden and will be heading up there asap to collect, tax & insure it and swap my licence for a Swedish one - a simple process that will take a few weeks and requires my personal presence.
In truth, I'm looking forward to returning. I miss the damn place. It gets under the skin and we've many good friends there - many of them musicians. It will be good to get back and dip into the music world there in a more significant way.
So that's it for now. A brief update. I expect when I get back up and running in Sweden again, I might start reposting more frequently. Again, who knows?!


1 comment: